Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wow THIS MONTH!!!

This is just a little update on how the 'Happiness Project" is going.

I find it interesting when you are trying your best, your best is tested. While I have reviewed the 'projects' of the month I have been hit with some really hard things that are testing my metal. Some of these things I didn't want to write about, but I realize that you will not see the full measure of the good without the bad. Don't worry this will not be a depressing post. :)

This month I am supposed to live in the moment. I tend to be 15 minutes ahead of myself AT ALL TIMES. So I have tried to recognize moments and capture them in my mind, every color, sound, texture and emotion. So far it has worked pretty well, especially with Noa and Jarom. Here is where my metal was tested............

Once upon a time, there was a mommy with a sleeping baby in the carriage. The mommy knew that the baby boy would be waking soon; so she bought the kiddo a kids meal from ye, yucky wendy's. The baby boy was sleeping and so mommy thought that maybe since she was right by 'dear lizzy' she would run in and grab some soap. real quick.... ( mom's, most of you know where this is going) the mommy left her little snuggle in the carriage and parked in a way so that she could see him. Ran into 'dear lizzy' and ran out. ( Yes, I know I shouldn't have done this. and trust me after this episode, it wont happen again.) When the mommy got back out to the carriage 5 minutes later, there was a kindly woman disguised as a wicked witch who took the liberty of telling the mommy that she was going to call the kings horseman on her and that she was a horrible mother for leaving her little boy in the carriage. The mommy told the kindly woman disguised as a wicked witch that it was " non of her affair" jumped in the carriage and cried all the way back to the castle of Garlick. (everyone knows my house as the 'Garlicks' house.)

The mommy thought that she really was a horrible mommy and that soon the kings horseman would soon come to behead her. But never fear the kindly woman disguised as a wicked witch was full of hot air and peppers, and the kings horseman never did arrive.

The moral of my story is this. Yes, mommy makes mistakes, and yes, sometimes REALLY BIG ONES. But the thing that makes this mommy a good/great mommy is that she is willing to learn and grow. She recognized that she was wrong and now she really does appreciate the kindly woman disguised as a WICKED WITCH. The end.


Story # 2
I am struggling with the decision to dissolve my business altogether or expand.... Unfortunately, when one leaves a place of business sometimes there can be hurt feelings or just immaturity. Even if your ex- boss is in her 40's. Long story short facebook has a way of showing you who people really are. (so be careful what you post) :) I was called A B@#$% and someone threatened to punch me or implied that I should be punched. All because I requested that facebook remove my pictures from that salons page. It was not meant out of anger or hatred. It was merely the next step to have my pictures removed as other efforts didn't work. The main reason I left was to expand and later found that nice things were not being said about me. Some times it is hard to grow because people like things the way that they are/feel intimidated/don't want you to succeed etc. The lesson from this experience is this, I will continue to grow and succeed no matter what I do. Because it is in me. It's in all of us. We have greatness instilled within us. it reminds me of a quote my mom has on her bathroom wall :)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” (a very inspired woman) Marianne Williamson

Today is the start of the rest of my life and I will let my light shine, my goal/promise is that I will let your light shine too :) we can be bright together, therefore being 'Happier' together mmmmmk!

Love,
Hilaree


2 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed at how much you are able to juggle being a mommy and a successful business owner. I think you are, and always have been, incredible. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilaree this is just a beautiful post! you amaze me and inspire me. It's good to hear about some of the things you struggle with too.. and you do it in a way that doesn't come across depressing or "poor me"
    I have always loved that quote by marianne williamson! thanks for the reminder. keep letting your light shine hil! I love you!

    ReplyDelete