Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Arch-nemesis


CURSE YOU STARBUCKS!!!!


My
silent
comfort
drink






Pretty sure that I
have drank at least
this much
in my life time
by myself--->







Jarom doesn't love that
I slowly spend the wad on this stuff at 3.88$ a
pop. This is an expensive habit!
Jarom came up with this brilliant plan to help me quit.
for every day that I go without a chai he will add

3$
to a Hawaii FUND!

And if there is a day that is especially hard he will add 8$ if I don't give to temptation!

Sweet deal right?! here's the catch..... if I give in one day he'll take out 30 buckeroos.... not as cool.

Anyway! Great incentive!
I went to the doctor before I got pregnant with Noa and they said that, "Although I'm not diabetic, my sugar levels are through the roof!! If you want your hormones to work properly CUT out the sugar!!!" So at the time I was having at least 1 starbucks visit a day, I decided that This isn't worth it and I cut out that much sugar and with a little help and a little cleansing, I was happily surprised to see a positive pregnancy test.

Well now we are in the same boat and I really need to break this habit for more reasons than one.....


so with this plan, a lot of support and a little faith in myself I can kick this habit in the patootie.
Thus adding to my Happiness project of being free of this bad habit.



The End.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck my darling!!! I would also suggest that you find an alternative drink. There are lots of more healthy alternatives to choose from. Like for example a peach passion smoothie with an energy boost. :) It goes even better with a good friend who loves smoothies, not that you know anyone like that. :) You can buy super food drinks very discounted at costco also. Loves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you hillee! i really like the hawaii fund idea. i used to have an addiction to those Naked fruit smoothies but they are kind of expensive so colton made me stop :( hmmm.... i don't know if he'd go along with the hawaii fund idea (or some kind of vacation place) .. but i just might mention it to him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok... Jarom's idea is brilliant and I want him to share this with Ben! Since my work has moved I'm now uncomfortably close to a Starbucks (as in... WALKING DISTANCE) and this is a problem for both my wallet and my guts.

    ReplyDelete