Saturday, March 5, 2011

Failure

Have you ever told someone about something and you think its awesome and they think its not? Or, you tell someone something and your totally dismissed? but then they hear that exact same thing from somewhere/someone else and they think that it's the BEST Idea in the world?
When I have something that I think is exciting and I am dismissed that is the BIGGEST form of failure in my mind. It makes me feel invalid, un-appreciated and discredited. This makes me not want to try. i.e. try to help, try to please, try to try. I often then will resort to avoidence and quite honestly a little bitterness
Since March has a project concerning failure and suggests that you enjoy it once in a while........ I guess I have already done the first part, I have succeded... in some wierd way. Now the question is, how am I supposed to feel joyful about my failed attempts? Especially when I love these people?
I guess no one can make you feel a certain way without your permission. Or at least that is what I have been told/taught. So I am going to practice this simple rule. I do not want to be bitter or feel, invalid, un-appreciated and discredited. And if this means sticking to the weather for a little while, then so be it. Its non of my business how you feel about me :)
Anyway, I wanted to be real about this progect and put the hard stuff up too. So hear it is.

your stuggling blogger, Hil

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm sorry you're feeling bad Hilaree! For what it's worth, I think you're amazing and I enjoy reading everything you write on your insightful blog. Keep up the good work!

    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  2. In totally feel that way about being dismissed. I will try to work on it too. :) I will also make sure I work on not dismissing people. :)

    ReplyDelete