Sunday, March 6, 2011

Little Prayers.



It' s late. We just finished putting Noa to bed. I am actually not usually apart of his bed time as usually I am working at night. It was a sweet thing to see that Noa and Jarom have this special time together.
Routine goes as follows-
First bath time, Noa wants to put toys on mine and Jaroms head. Then its time to count all of Noas toes. It sounds like this, Mommy starts, "One..........." Noa," chtwooo, freeeeee, sixtxxxx, ten!" ( Pretty good for just turning two.) Then it's time to get out.
Pj's!! Tonight he has his bear footie pajamas and once he is dressed he jumps on the bed and says, "dad! Monkeys!!" Which means, "say the 5 little monkeys one." So Jarom started, "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bomped his head, momma called the dr. and the dr. said...............?" Noa " NO MONKEYS....... BED!"
At this point its time to wind down so Jarom takes Noa all around the room and points to his animal pictures. Noa, "Monkey, chomp-chomp (alligator), lion, giraffe and ppphhhhfeeeeeerrrrrr!!!'( which is the sound that the elephant makes.)

We say prayers, its my turn. Noa folds his arms and at the end there is a resounding AMEN!!!

Jarom then will wrap Noa up in a blanket, give him his bottle and snuggle him until he is almost asleep and then sneak out of his room with more grace than a ballerina!
I am always excited to have alone time with Jarom, I do also miss Noa when he is asleep. Bedtime is definitely a must when you have had to be on Mom/Dad duty all day. But I cannot deny that Im always so happy to see Noa first thing in the morning bright eyed and ready to seize the day.



I love my little boy! I love Jarom! They are my everything.

Good night!





3 comments: