Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Happines Project

I have started a new book called, "The Happiness Project' By Gretchen Rubin. I casually picked it up at my mom's house one day and couldn't put it down. The conversation went like this.

Me- After inhaling the first chapter, "Mom, um are you done with this?" (pointing to the book)
Mom- "No I haven't started it."
Me- " Um..... can I borrow it?" (Fingers crossed behind my back... What she didn't know was that I was going to confiscate it whether she said yes or no. After all possession is 9/10ths of the law..... )
Mom- "Sure."
Me- "Sweet!"

The end

So a book full of projects that help us to expand our happiness scale.Sounds fun right? Actually some of the projects have been rather taxing; however very worth it.
January's projects:
  1. Go to sleep earlier
  2. Exercise Better
  3. Toss, restore, organize.
  4. Tackle a nagging task
  5. Act more energetic.
So Mostly I have been going to sleep earlier ... ish I was crazy enough to sign up for the Provo half marathon June 11th. You will not believe What I have thrown out. (seriously, didn't think that I was a pack rat......) Tackled the nagging task of getting life insurance ANNNNNDDDD I don't even need to act more energetic, I actually do feel very energetic about all accomplished this month. (well last month, I started the book late.) Now onto February and I will post more about that later.

In doing this full year project I hope to indeed have a happier out look on life. I would like to be quite clear that no, I am not depressed. I just think that there can be more smiles, laughter, gratefulness, accomplishments and overall more sense of well being.

all my love,

Hil

P.S. I was once told that my Name means "happy" huh, go figure.





7 comments:

  1. You have always brought happiness to my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay hilee! i'm so glad you started a blog! i told you i would be your first follower---ok fourth... but still...i'm your biggest fan!!! ;) you've inspired me. colton and i went through and organized both of our closets and we have 2 big garbage bags full of clothes to get rid of! i can't wait to hear more about your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I've been trying to do some of those things myself, but I'm moving very slowly with some of them - like the getting to bed early one and the exercising one. But I'll get there one day! Good for you for doing that :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! You finally have a blog hilaree!! :D I'm now your most loyal follower.

    Katelyn, I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem if you sent those clothes my way. hee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm excited to hear all the insightful things you have to say! POST! POST! POST! POST! POST!

    MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great recommendation! This will definitely be going on my next Amazon order.

    ReplyDelete